Wednesday, July 14, 2010

You're never too young!


This is Remington (Remi for short), daughter of Angie. They train at the 9am class. If you haven't met Angie, well, she's built like a gymnast but never was one. You wouldn't know it though, by the way she busts out push-ups and LEGIT HSPU's! It was probably only my second or third time training them when Remi came in with her OWN workout journal. She showed me what she planned on doing in case she didn't like the workout we had programmed for that day. She had created her own workout with possible substitutions and tips for herself. I think they had only been doing CrossFit for about a month at this point. Adorable and impressive at the same time! When she's here she's doing the exercises, watching her Mom and having fun. Your kids are so impressionable, they want to be like you and they are never too young to start CrossFit. CrossFit is functional movements and we start doing functional movement when we can crawl. Actually kids usually have better form and flexibility than we do! I mentioned this topic in an earlier post about Larry and his daughter. It's fun for them, it's not a "workout" it's a game. Lead by example. Obviously Angie and her husband have been excellent role models for their fit, healthy, energetic young daughter. Great job guys!

2 comments:

  1. That is great! I want to make it to one of your 9 am classes just to workout with Remi!

    Parents, crossfit is such a great gift you can give your children. I wish I found crossfit at such a young age... my younger years would have been much more healthy. Now I feel like I'm just catching up to what I could have been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Summer! You are still so young, and what do you mean could have been? You ARE a baddass!

    ReplyDelete